We will be participating in the NRMP match for the 2014-2015 training year. Please submit your application materials to Angela Tarango.
Click here for more information about this year's match process.
|Applications Accepted||Application Deadline||Interviews Begin|
|January 1, 2013||April 19, 2013||April 29, 2013|
Applications received after April 19, 2013, or lacking any of the following information, will not be reviewed for the 2014-2015 training year.
Per ACGME Institutional Requirements, applicants for Pain Medicine Fellowship training at UTHSCSA must meet one of the following qualifications:
- LCME Medical School - Graduate of medical school in the U.S. and Canada which has been accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- International Medical School - Graduate of an international medical school (must
have one of the following)
- The school must be approved by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners (please see Schools That Do Not Have to Prove Substantial Equivalence)
- The applicant must have a currently valid ECFMG certificate
- The applicant must have a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction
- Graduate of international medical school who has completed a Fifth Pathway program
provided by an LCME-accredited medical school
- We do not have a USMLE Score requirement (must have passed the exam)
- We do not have a "year of graduation" requirement
- A personal interview is required
The residency specialties encouraged to apply to the Pain Medicine Program are Anesthesiology, Neurology, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Psychiatry. Other specialties are considered on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the program director.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following to Angela Tarango at email@example.com:
- A completed application
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement
- Three letters of recommendations including one from your program director if currently in a training program
- Copy of medical school diploma and transcript
- USMLE score reports (Steps 1,2,3)
- A photo
Thank you for your interest in our fellowship. We look forward to hearing from you.
Department of Anesthesiology
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Mail Code 7838
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
Phone: (210) 567-6137
Fax: (210) 567-6135