We will be participating in the NRMP match for the 2016-2017 training year. Please apply using ERAS. Any supplemental materials can be sent to the fellowship coordinator.
Click here for more information about this year's match process.
|Applications Accepted||Completed Application Deadline||Interviews Begin|
|December 1, 2014||April 3, 2015||April 27, 2015|
Applications received after April 3, 2015, or lacking any of the following information, will not be reviewed for the 2016-2017 training year.
Per ACGME Institutional Requirements, applicants for Pain Medicine Fellowship training at UTHSCSA must meet one of the following qualifications:
- LCME Medical School - Graduate of medical school in the U.S. and Canada which has been accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- International Medical School - Graduate of an international medical school (must
have one of the following)
- The school must be approved by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners (please see Schools That Do Not Have to Prove Substantial Equivalence)
- The applicant must have a currently valid ECFMG certificate
- The applicant must have a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction
- We do not have a USMLE Score requirement (must have passed the exam)
- We do not have a "year of graduation" requirement
- A personal interview is required
- One professional reference must be from your residency program director or direct supervisor (if out of residency for more than three years.)
The residency specialties encouraged to apply to the Pain Medicine Program are Anesthesiology, Neurology, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Psychiatry. Other specialties are considered on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the program director.
To be considered, applicants must submit their applications through ERAS. Questions can be sent to the fellowship coordinator, Yolanda Zachary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Manager of Education programs, Kyla West, at email@example.com.